Join now - be part of our community!

3D alignment / picture sync

profile.country.en_GB.title
branchespark
Visitor

3D alignment / picture sync

On my new KDL-40EX724 television, I am not convinced that my 3D is working properly.

On any 3D content (so Bluray, Sky 3D and also the BBC Wimbledon in 3D), it looks like objects that are right at the front or back of the field of view are not properly in sync. For example, on the movie Open Season (a digital animation), the background scenery looks appalling. It really is not pleasurable to watch at all.

I have two different pairs of glasses, so I don't believe they are at fault. Is threre anything else I can do, or is my brain just unable to be fooled?!

So, before I settle with the fact that 3D is no good, maybe there is something I can check!

Thanks.

Message was edited by: branchespark

Message was edited by: branchespark

Tags (4)
4 REPLIES 4
ollie101
Visitor

What 3D glasses are you using (model #) is it the one ending in 250 or 1000?. I have read and heard that the newer glasses (250) are alot better. I have this tv but haven't jumped to 3D just yet. So I am curious if it is indeed worth the cash.

But from what I have heard the 3D on this TV is absolutely horrible infact the worse, that is what reviewers claim, although people on amazon say its excellent. So it could be down to the glasses you have wether you have the old ones. A good way to check is if you can recharge your glasses that is not a possibility on the older ones.

If you have the new ones and the 3D is that bad then i guess the only thing you can do is wait for some advice from a sony representative like catmambo or startthecar, or see if sony introduces a firmware upgrade to fix the problem.

profile.country.GB.title
icemanxs
New

Well what can I say, other than welcome to the world of Sony 3d crosstalk/ghosting!

really sorry to hear about your problem mate but I've had a Sony 3d TV for a good few months with the same problem you have described and after a lot of running around to different stores to demo sets I've come to realise that its a common problem with most Sony 3d sets.

Some people are saying that the new specs reduce a lot of the crosstalk/ghosting but I've not tried them yet and to be honest I don't really want to spend another £70 or so on new specs after spending so much on the TV and all the bits for 3d.

just using mine as a good old 2d TV for the time and hoping Sony can fix 3d problems via firmware updates. fingers crossed!

ollie101
Visitor

Icemanxs do you have one of last year models? the one that need the 3D transmitter, from what i've read they are actually good at producing 3D images... coupled with the new glasses, also amazon had the glasses for £45.00 the other day not sure if they are still that cheep but worth a look.

profile.country.GB.title
icemanxs
New

Hi Ollie,

Yes I do have one of the 2010 model TV's which needs the transmitter for 3d, I guess paying £45-£55 for an new pair of 3d specs is better than paying £70 so I might give Amazon a try.  Thanks for the info mate.