Join now - be part of our community!

Display Connected Non HDCP Compliant - Philips DVP 5960 to Sony KDL-40NX503 by HDMI

profile.country.en_GB.title
compact101
Visitor

Display Connected Non HDCP Compliant - Philips DVP 5960 to Sony KDL-40NX503 by HDMI

I have a Sony KDL-40NX503 which works fine, been watching lots of TV and movies on it.

Using the USB stick in the TV works great

Using the USB stick in the Philips dvd player = Non-HDCP Compliant error msg.

Using a DVD in the DVD player = Non-HDCP Compliant error msg.

How can I fix this?

The TV is less than 6 months old

The DVD player has worked fine with other TV's in the past.

This is annoying, thanks in advance.

Message was edited by: compact101

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
compact101
Visitor

Oh and when I tired to edit the original post, hitting Update took me to

"We're sorry the website you're trying to access is down for maintenance.                                              Please try again shortly and thank you for your patience                                              VAIO EUROPE"

Fingers crossed their TV's are better than their website.

Bravia55HX

http://tv.about.com/od/frequentlyaskedquestions/qt/hdcpcompliant.htm

Hi compact101,

sorry to see you not had a response yet and thought you might apprieciate the link above and see if you can make headway with that, furthermore you may find further information on your problem by googling it!,

as for editing posts, yes there is a small glitch in Sony's software of which they are aware of and should have corrected this by now, unfortunately you just have to let it send you to that page and sign yourself back in again,

hope that helps.

oh yeah!, the links are a pain too!!

Message was edited by: Bravia55HX923

Message was edited by: Bravia55HX923

Message was edited by: blaireau_photo

Catmambo
Contributor

My understanding is that HDCP is a signal triggered/sent out from the Blu-ray player which then tells the TV not to display an image. So it may well be that the BD player is incorrectly sending out this trigger for some reason - you could try connecting via component cable or do a factory reset on both devices. Make sure you also have the latest software on both devices also..