Join now - be part of our community!

how to view photos from mobile to tv

profile.country.en_GB.title
18platoon
Visitor

how to view photos from mobile to tv

trying to connect my samsung galaxy s to my tv to view photos etc.

I`e got the neccessary cables and know where to plug them, and set to tv out, but Ive tried every option on the tv`s imput page and nothing happens.

any comments please.

5 REPLIES 5
Bravia55HX

18platoon,

Hi and welcome,

thats a nice idea but not sure that you can, i just tried an iphone on the loaner i have (kdl40bx400) and it does not recognise it at all, curious thou that you would want to, why not just upload them on your pc and play them thru media server.

18platoon
Visitor

Hello there,

yes it is possible, galaxy s has tv out and there are videos on utube showing it. my problem is I cant get my tv to recognize it either by cable or usb.

It`s not only for photos, when connected the tv becomes a giant mobile screen on which to do anything.

On the phone to sony support for 45 minutes today, eventually he said I`ll have to ring you back, but he never did.

cheers

18platoon

Bravia55HX

18platoon

i apologise i was not very contructive, i should have seen you said your phone has tv out!!, i cant advise any further there but i know a man who can!

catmambo !! where are you??

Catmambo
Contributor

What TV is it?

Normally on say a 2010 TV and on say an iphone, it simply displays the images or plays the music.

Bear in mind Samsung have their own propriatary DLNA stack called 'All Share' on their TV's which might be offering an enhanced level of functionality in some of the videos you've seen possibly..

Thanks

18platoon
Visitor

Hello catmambo,

my tv is a sony KDL32bx300,  it also has a usb socket which I`ve tried but that wont connect either.

What gets me is when I read that other people simply plug and play,no adjusting settings apart from switching mobile to tv out.

quess I`ll have to keep trawling the web.

thanks for contacting me,

regards