Join now - be part of our community!

KDL48W605 - Cant get connection to Internet at all

KDL48W605 - Cant get connection to Internet at all

Hi there. I bought a KDL48W605 in Nov 2014 and it worked fine until mid Feb 2015 when I lost all connection to all my apps including Netflix & Youtube and everything else. I went through trying to do Refresh Internet Content, and it said a network error had occurred, then I tried a Network set up by selecting "easy" method as recommended stating I was using a modem and the result was internet connection failed with a 2 probable causes, Router incorrectly configured or TV not having a static IP address. My tv is connected using an ethernet cable and not wifi and up until February worked perfect and then overnight it failed. My modem is working perfect with all my other compatible devices, so its not a problem with my internet. Ive tried everything i can and failing. Sony sent me a large questionairre with loads of questions about things to try that I havent got a clue about. Has anybody had similar issues and can anybody help me. Im at the stage of just unplugging the tv and going back into the shop and asking for my money back. If its something simple, Ill hang my head in shame. Any help in this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much for your time.

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Try doing a factory reset of the TV as this seems to fix many problems.

Cheers