Join now - be part of our community!

5 ii update to Android 11 lost wifi calling

profile.country.GB.title
Lordster2
Explorer

5 ii update to Android 11 lost wifi calling

• Hello, I've just bought a new unlocked Xperia 5 ii with a Vodafone 5G sim from Carphone Warehouse. It was really important that the handset supported WiFi calling for my work. I put the sim in the phone and yes wifi calling was enabled! All good until the phone started  updating to Android 11 and now there is no provision for WiFi calling. Anyone experiencing this problem and know of a fix. I have contacted Sony support and have a case number and have tried reinserting the sim card. 
5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Lordster2
Explorer

I have WiFi calling back on my phone but I'm not sure how. I swopped the SIM from 1 to SIM 2 and then back again and restarted the phone and the provision was there. Unless Sony had sent a patch from my case number to rectify the issue?

profile.country.GB.title
ezy2ezy
Contributor

There is an option to update network settings in the phone call menu which triggers a Vodafone set up for wifi calling that often needs to be done after a major update.   It will do it itself eventually so could have been that being triggered.   

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi there, did you manage to solve the issue by swapping the SIM card place ?

profile.country.GB.title
Lordster2
Explorer

Hi, thanks for the reply. I can only find 'reset network settings' under system-advanced-reset options. Whether this is the same? 

profile.country.GB.title
Lordster2
Explorer

Wifi calling reappeared after I put the sim card into the sim 2 slot and then put it back into sim 1. Unless it was a coincidence. I've restarted the phone a few times now and all is good