Join now - be part of our community!

Mark II unlocks without a security check

DMotzev
New

Mark II unlocks without a security check

Sharing this in English to hopefully reach a broader group of people.

Since my Xperia 5 II got the Android 12 update, something really disturbing started happening. Every now and then it would unlock without any security prompt whatsoever. The way to trigger this would be by double tapping on the screen while the Ambient Display is showing/active. Unfortunately, I can't provide any more specific instructions for reproducing this behaviour as it appears to be happening completely at random.

The double-tap behaviour is another somewhat funny point to mention. It would appear that the Ambient Display (when enabled and set to 'always on') would completely override the behaviour of "Tap to show lock screen" setting. In other words (at least in my case) when Ambient Display is set to "always on", double tap would also be constantly on. Which is, to say the least, inconvenient - I carry the phone in my trousers pocket all the time and accidental double tapping is far from unheard of.

I completely understand that a proper fix for these would take some time, but I mostly wanted to check if there are any other Xperia 5 II users out there experiencing similar issues.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

hello @DMotzev 

if you could send a video showing the fault it would be helpful for this matter to be escalated. :slight_smile: