Join now - be part of our community!

Android Action cam app pairing woes

Android Action cam app pairing woes

I see a large number of people are stuggling with the action cam app. Now I don't have the NFC option enabled on my phone by choice, and so I expected the wifi hotspot on the camera to be detected as it does (I think) with playmemories. Well not so lucky. Go into your phones wifi settings system app. Find the hotspot called

DIRECT-****:HDR-AS100V

connect to it, you will need to have the sticker that came with your camera for the password. Now close your wifi control program. then run the Action cam app again. :slight_smile:

I probably had the same initial pairing trouble 1st time around with playmemories, but it's all happy days now anyway. So just wanted to share how to do this.

I noticed a good few people left comments about this in the apps reviews. Which is a great pity.

16938976329_9f347e2730_o.png

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1

Oh, and if you did loose the wifi password sticker, just get the camera into the USB stick mode (power it on and plug into computer) and find the file on the drive/partition called "PMHOME" and then open the "INFO" folder. Open a file called WIFI_INF.TXT" to see the WIFI password.

If you buy a short (and cheap) USB micro to "A socket" cable, (also called an OTG or on-the-go) cable ; you can even do the password peeking steps directly on your Android phone without a desktop PC around. The cable I use looks like this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0064GZAIQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

Tags (5)