Join now - be part of our community!

A7Siii External Monitor Support

profile.country.GB.title
scubabc
New

A7Siii External Monitor Support

I use my Sony A7Siii underwater with an external monitor and I am frustrated with how it displays on the external monitor.

If I choose to display only the camera visual feed it works fine and fills up the space of my monitor with a high resolution image.  However, I now must look at the camera screen to see any of my settings.  This defeats the purpose of the external monitor.  If I want to view the various camera settings on the external monitor I can choose to export via HDMI but it shrinks the visual down to 3:2 ratio and won't fill the screen.  The video is just a small square box.  I need to then manually adjust the image width/height so it fills the screen and it distorts the image, however, I can then see my camera settings.

For a $5000 camera I would expect this functionality to be a bit smoother and know it's possible as my dive partner uses an A74 and he output feed is perfect.  What's the difference?  Can this be fixed with a firmware update?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hey @ScubaBC 

Could you try the settings here : https://helpguide.sony.net/ilc/2410/v1/en/contents/0601_hdmi_info.html?search=external%20monitor

Could you also confirm the model of the monitor?