Join now - be part of our community!

Continous shots using IR remote

profile.country.en_GB.title
Taumataman
Visitor

Continous shots using IR remote

So I have figured out how my SLT-A77 to shoot continuously, and also got the IR remote to work, but how do you get 12 FPS shots triggered by a wireless IR remote? (Thanks in Advance!!)

Message was edited by: Taumataman

4 REPLIES 4
Mick2011
New

Hi Taumataman, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

I have never tried this, but I would imagine you should be able to record a burst of 12fps by selecting that function on the record dial on the top on the camera body and using the remote to trigger the shutter release.

It's probably worth mentioning the camera won't shoot any more than 12 frames in one burst, due to the limitations of buffer size and memory card write speeds. High frame rates are of course possible with HD video in Movie mode, but the individual frames will be recorded at considerably lower resolution.

Cheers

Mick

Taumataman
Visitor

Hi Mick

Thanks for your reply. I agree that you should be able to but the issue is that the 12FPS setting is under the 'Drive Mode' Menu, as is the remote shutter control. I have also looked at setting the dial to 12FPS on top of the camera but that greys out the 'Drive mode' menu so I can't use the remote? Still confused.com

Mick2011
New

Ak, perhaps you're confusing 'continuous' drive mode with 12fps shooting? You shouldn't have a 12fps option in the Drive Mode settings...

I can see how the remote would be non-selectable with 12fps dialled in. Would the 8fps of Continuous mode not suffice?

Mick

Taumataman
Visitor

3FPS would be fine - I just don't know how to set it too work with the remote...