Join now - be part of our community!

ILCE-1 Updater using Mac OS Ventura 13.5.2

profile.country.GB.title
AlastairSONY
New

ILCE-1 Updater using Mac OS Ventura 13.5.2

I have carefully followed SONY instructions to install SONY drive on computer and then after restarting to run 01_Update_ILCE1V135.   When I run 01_Update_ILCE1V135 I get the error message to check system security.   The security dialogue give no option to accept Sony Imaging Software, just the normal App Store and App Store and Identified Developers.

I beige a new option to allow Sony Imaging products should appear below the  App Store and Identified Developers option - but it dies not.  Any advice ?   Hoping not to upgrade the computer system as this always slows the machine down.

Thanks in anticipation

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
danardeng
Contributor

The reboot of a macintosh is not a common action. But you can try in that case and retry to lunch the updater.

If doesent work I succest to find a windows 10 pc to update the camera. Sony hate mac users, it's not easy to manage his softwares out of windows

profile.country.GB.title
AlastairSONY
New

Thanks. Reboot does not a help - had already tried.

Strangely I decided to try an old 2015 Mac running Catalina and the SONY A1 firmware update was totally smooth and apparently successful. Not used camera yet!

Seems strange but maybe good for the community to know it worked.

Alastair
profile.country.GB.title
danardeng
Contributor

Absolutely yes! Thanks for your feedback.

I suggest to read some discussions about what can happen upgrading to 2+ firmware version before to upgrade from 1.35