Join now - be part of our community!

Internal reflections in A850

profile.country.da_DK.title
vekjrsg
Visitor

I have a two year old A850 (which has taken about 25000 frames or so). Now it suffers from a nasty internal reflection - which is lens indepenent. It occurs in sharp light with bright white objects. The light may be from behind, side light og directly agains the camere. Same story always. Wider apperture > worse but blurred reflection. Smaller aperture > less reflection but sharper.

I've attached a couple of JPGs heavily scaled down but otherwise not modifyed.

As can be seen the reflection is always at the very same position, size and shape. Needless to say, I've checked the sencor and all, nothing to be seen.

The only thing I can see though, is a small worn metal element in the right side (viewed from front) of the mirror housing...it seems.

Any ideas or suggestions?

And btw, Sony support mail is closed down (in Denmark...) Shame and not very customer friendly.

All and any help af suggestions are MUCH apprecited! Thank you for your time and answers!

Best regards,

Verner Kjærsgaard

Denmark

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Verner - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile: or should I say hej!

Looking at the shape and position of the reflection, it would appear that any obstruction/fault is constant and as such, the worn element that you see in the mirror housing may be leading to this problem. If you have already tried cleaning the sensor and removing any dirt or debris, then I would advise contacting Sony Customer Services who should be able to give you an estimate on how much a repair would cost for your particular fault.

Although you mention difficulty in contacting Sony, have you tried using the contact details on this page:

http://www.sony.dk/support/da/contacts/dime

Thanks,

Simon

profile.country.da_DK.title
vekjrsg
Visitor

Hi Simon,

- thank you for your time and answer!

- yes, I'll call SONY Customer Support monday.

- the E-mail option doesn't work...you fill in a long form, write a novel to support, click send and are greeted with a message saying that E-mail support is closed.

Sigh...

Now I keep my fingrers crossed!

best regards,

Verner K.

profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

When you speak to them on the telephone, you should definitely mention the email issue as well just in case this information needs to be updated online.

Thanks,

Simon

profile.country.de_DE.title
cmosse
Contributor

Hello

this is most probably a defect of the shutter; one of the blades does not close the right way, causes some leakage or reflections. Do you notice some sort of scratch on one of the blades?

The effect is most noticeable in bright conditions when a fast shutter speed is used?

Anyway camera needs to be sent to the service.

Message was edited by: cmosse