Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with Sony NEW-F3

danielksk
Explorer

Problem with Sony NEW-F3

Hi,

Recently my sony NEX-F3 which I had for 2 years had encountered a problem with the screen of the camera when it is on. Seems like I can't use the camera now to take any pictures or videos as the screen kept showing usb mode connecting even when there is no usb connected to the camera, and after a while it'll just show check the connected device.

Was wondering if there was anyone who had encountered this problem before and any help in trying to fix this problem is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.BE.title
Portmixus
Hero

Strange problem you have...did something happen to the usb port prior to this? (Tried to insert the usb cable reversed or something alike?)

Can you enter any menu?

Hi, i have always been using the memory card to transfer my pictures to my computer and havw never touch my usb port for a while already. Nope. I can't do anything when this happens
profile.country.BE.title
Portmixus
Hero

Taking the battery out for an extended period of time did not help? 

I would try that for at least half an hour and see what happens.

In meanwhile, I'm looking for a way to hard reset the F3 (did find one for the NEX 6, but sofar not yet for the F3).

I tried removing the battery for a day already and it still doesn't work. I've been searching for a way to reset the whole camera but doesn't seem like there is any luck. 😕 ... Thanks though for the help! Really Really do appreciate it.

profile.country.BE.title
Portmixus
Hero

Hi!

Did anything change while connecting your camera to your pc with the usb cable? :thinking:

Did the problem occur while trying to update the firmware?

I'd try to connect the camera to your pc and see what happens. 

I tried but it still couldn't work. I did not update the firmware, it just happened randomly though. 

profile.country.BE.title
Portmixus
Hero

I'm afraid we've struck a dead end...

Last attempt maybe? Leave the battery out for at least a week, drain the internal battery (used for the clock and other things) and turn the camera on without the battery. Then insert the battery while the camera is on.

That would be my ultimate attempt to bring normal life back to the F3!

I wouldn't service it...will cost you more than a new/2nd hand one...