Join now - be part of our community!

SLT a77V - Contraversial set-up in installing PMB or PMH

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
ChilliMech
New

SLT a77V - Contraversial set-up in installing PMB or PMH

Running the SLT a77V software 'Set-up' on my computer (Win XP Pro SP3) up to the point of installing Picture Motion Browser, you are then confronted with another web page advising you to install Play Memories Home - which I choose and in doing so replaced PMB.  Now, on visiting the Sony site for the SLT a77V for any updates, I noticed the instructions on using PMB. I do not own a Play Station, so my question is - Do I now revert back to re-installing PMB, or use PMH ? as there is no advice as to which you should use, should you not own a Play Station. I have not attempted to use PMH.

Tags (4)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello ChilliMech - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

PlayMemories Home is the latest version of the software bundled with Sony cameras and it is designed to be used on a computer. PlayMemories Studio is a version of the software designed to run on a Playstation 3. Therefore, you can install PlayMemories Home safe in the knowledge that it has been designed to work on your computer - I can understand why there may be some confusion though as there is no immediate indication in the software title about the product being designed specifically for a PC or games console.

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello ChilliMech - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

PlayMemories Home is the latest version of the software bundled with Sony cameras and it is designed to be used on a computer. PlayMemories Studio is a version of the software designed to run on a Playstation 3. Therefore, you can install PlayMemories Home safe in the knowledge that it has been designed to work on your computer - I can understand why there may be some confusion though as there is no immediate indication in the software title about the product being designed specifically for a PC or games console.

Thanks,

Simon

ChilliMech
New

Hi Simon

Thanks for the answer. I can now sleep better at night !  It would be nice if the infomation was implemented into the software so that people do not get confused.

Thanks again :slight_smile:

CM