Join now - be part of our community!

sony are "LIARS"

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Normski4ash
Explorer

sony are "LIARS"

Have bought a sony a6000y, filled in the form for the cash back, supplied sony with the receipt, and they are refusing to give me the cashback saying it is a paypal receipt, not a receipt from the vendor. IT IS A RECEIPT ! IT SAYS RECEIPT ON IT ! 

Canon have always accepted paypal receipts and not argued, just paid me what they promised. sony by refusing to pay me are in my eyes going back on a promise. I bought the 6000 to try it, if I like it I am going to replace all my Canon gear, including a 5d MkIII, a 7d MkII, 24-105 F4, 70-200 F2.8, 100-400 F4 , and much much more...

Because sony refuse to give me what they said they would I am going to sell the 6000, and stick with Canon, a reputable company.

As a professional photographer, and tutor to schools, camera clubs etc, I quite often get asked about my gear, what would I buy right now if I could, etc. From now on I will start by saying I would NEVER buy another thing from sony because...

Maybe it's only £50, actually I have lost £50 sony have lost thousands from me, and REALLY BAD feedback and word of mouth from me at every opportunity...

Disgusted customer, 

PS the cameras rubbish too, posted on here before about turning off the back screen to save on the miserable battery life and got no joy from that

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
chezjj
Explorer

Hi tonyfromalnwick

Cashbacks are ten a penny these days by many of the manufacturers of photographic equipment. Like many others, I have reaped such benefits and not just from Sony. My experience has been positive. I complied with the T & Cs and duly received payments. 

I'm not clear as to what point you are making beyond levelling accusations against myself but on the basis of the information supplied  in respect of the original complaint there is no justification for saying Sony are Liars. Indeed, if it were so, a legal remedy could be sought.