Join now - be part of our community!

sony camera summer cashback scam

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
dafe84
Explorer

sony camera summer cashback scam

i am having problems with the sonycash back, i have entered the right details and photo of my serial number, involve and i keep getting an error sign saying invalid postcode or postcode should not be more than 7 characters. my postcode is only 6 characters. 

i feel sony is just making it difficult for people to claim or is this a scam ?

Tags (3)
21 REPLIES 21
profile.country.GB.title
PSN_mseja
Explorer

Here goes,

Take clear photos of the invoices, the supplier details, and the invoice number MUST be readable.

For each piece of kit send it two pictures. One of the item in hand, fingers must be visible, that is the main thing they worry about.

Also send in one of the serial number and model readable. I only needed the one for the 200-600 as I had lots of detail in the photo using the A7 IV and G II.

Now accepted.

I think they are too unclear on the details, and this is why people are being caught out.

BTW we have spent £15,000 to £20,000, on Sony kit not including tapes, games, and PSN.

profile.country.FI.title
Arto_Finland
New

Yes, that is the problem, when we are Internationally connected.  In Finland our postcode is 5 digits/numgers and sometimes our address may be very simple like Bear island, Lappland. There is no street names, nothing. How you fill the needed address info.