Join now - be part of our community!

Sony NEX, copying images fails, some of the images are not copied to computer

SOLVED
Thoriumi
New

Sony NEX, copying images fails, some of the images are not copied to computer

Hello,

When I connect my camera to computer with USB-cable and copy the images with Windows Explorer (Windows 😎 on some computers (like two of the four I have tested) sometimes the copying dialog just disappears and all the images are not copied. When I try again several times, all goes well. I just have to copy everything many times.

SONY NEX-5R (RL) 1.01

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bieomax

I'll admit i'm not oh fay with the menu system in the Nex, but in the Alpha's there is a option to change the USB mode, try changing it from Mass storage to PTP/MTP (Picture/Media transfer protocol) and it'll change the way the computer talks to the camera.

i know the computers at work are locked down for using Mass storage on usb, but if i set my A57 to MTP it picks up the camera as actual camera connected device which i can pull images from rather then just a usb drive.

have a play with it and see if it improves the copying of images.

Kind Regards

Mark.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.NO.title
photosonic
Enthusiast

Hi Thoriumi !

Have you tried to put the memory card directly into the card reader on the computer ?

Thoriumi
New

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

The memory card I'm using is SanDisk 64GB SDXC card. My computer's internal slot doesn't support SDXC cards.

profile.country.NO.title
photosonic
Enthusiast

Hi !

maybe an external  card reader can work.

Bieomax

I'll admit i'm not oh fay with the menu system in the Nex, but in the Alpha's there is a option to change the USB mode, try changing it from Mass storage to PTP/MTP (Picture/Media transfer protocol) and it'll change the way the computer talks to the camera.

i know the computers at work are locked down for using Mass storage on usb, but if i set my A57 to MTP it picks up the camera as actual camera connected device which i can pull images from rather then just a usb drive.

have a play with it and see if it improves the copying of images.

Kind Regards

Mark.