Join now - be part of our community!

Sony NEX / SELP1650, vertical (red) line/stripe on an image

SOLVED
Thoriumi
New

Sony NEX / SELP1650, vertical (red) line/stripe on an image

There is a vertical about 1 pixel (red) line/stripe on an image on my Sony NEX camera image.

Position is about 2/3 on the right, through the whole image.

It is in the same place in every image, strenght varies. This is annoying, usually image is ruined!

Here is a sample:

https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=216A06EFCD5E56EF&id=216A06EFCD5E56EF%2127572&v=3

What is this? Is my camera broken or is this a bug in all the cameras?

This can also be a lens problem: it seems that the same line is there in the camera display and it moves a bit when I adjust the zoom.

Sony NEX 5RL, with both 1.01 and 1.02

Sony SELP1650 lens.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bieomax

just to discount the lens, can you take the lens off and take a shot to see if the line is still there?

if it won't fire with out the lens on, check the menu , and there should an item in there for release without lens.

If you take a shot without the lens (it should be just a misty lightness if you've taken in good light) and the line is still there. i'd maybe suggest raising a call with Sony support and get the camera in.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Bieomax

just to discount the lens, can you take the lens off and take a shot to see if the line is still there?

if it won't fire with out the lens on, check the menu , and there should an item in there for release without lens.

If you take a shot without the lens (it should be just a misty lightness if you've taken in good light) and the line is still there. i'd maybe suggest raising a call with Sony support and get the camera in.

seatru
New

Hi.

I have the exact same issue here in Germany,

with a NEX 5R, with various lenses.

So far it seems to be a rare problem, since I didn't find

anything about it on the net exept your posting.

Did you find a solution for the problem since?

Regards, Ralf.

seatru
New

Solved!!

Sensor has been replaced.