Join now - be part of our community!

True 24fps Option for Movie Recording

profile.country.GB.title
_dusklo
New

True 24fps Option for Movie Recording

Hello. I'm unaware of whether this has been mentioned before, or if this place is best for requesting features. I have a Sony A7IV, and I'm very happy with it, but I do have one problem: there is no true 24fps option. It is only possible to record a whole 25 frames on the PAL setting, or 23.98fps on the NTSC setting (despite claiming to be 24fps).

Before anyone jumps to the replies, yes, I know 23.98fps is the NTSC standard (or close enough). And yes, I know 25fps is the PAL standard. But these are broadcast standards. In the Americas, Europe, Asia, and everywhere else, 24fps has been used as a film standard for almost a century. All I want is to be able to record a true, whole 24 frames every second. I do not want to have to speed up footage or bother with conversions.

Again, I hope this is the appropriate place to say this. I believe 24fps is possible on the FX3 and FX30, so it surely cannot be difficult to bring this feature over to the A7IV and other bodies. Let me know what you think; am I on to something, or am I making a fuss over nothing. Thank you for reading.

0 REPLIES 0