Join now - be part of our community!

Windows live mail can't show photos!

profile.country.GB.title
iprior
Explorer

Windows live mail can't show photos!

Hi...when I try to use "Photo album! to insert pics directly into email...no thumbnails show ...although these do show when I open Picture library!...I think that the problem files are..  .ARW files...if I convert to jpeg...all is ok...this has just happened??

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.BE.title
Portmixus
Hero

That's normal behaviour. :slight_smile:

RAW files are not suitable to mail to others as not every pictureviewer can open them AND the files are big (and unprocessed). You'll probably get an email from your the person you're trying to mail that he's unable to open the raw file (.ARW).

If you want RAW files to appear as thumbnails, download this file (for windows): 

http://esupport.sony.com/perl/swu-download.pl?template=EN&mdl&upd_id=4022&SMB=YES

Explorer

Hi...thanks.....I understand about RAW being large files...but I’m sure I was able to view thumbnails!....the download hasn’t worked...no problem I’ll convert to jpeg in L/ room. thanks a lot anyway. ian
profile.country.GB.title
iprior
Explorer

Hi...I posted a P.S.  ...mustn't have come over. The strange thing is...I can get some .ARW files to show in thumbnail format....and can also see these if I use different progs.