Join now - be part of our community!

wireless remote not working with dslr-a230

andypo62
New

wireless remote not working with dslr-a230

Hi, I have tried 2 wireless remotes with my DSLR-A230 but cannot get them to work. I have checked the batteries, turned on remote commander on the camera, ensured I face the infrared receiver in the handle of the camera and am at least 3 foot and less than 10 foot away. Tried in manual and auto modes but all to no avail. Can anyone help? Got the remote from amazon and it said it worked with the a230

Thanks

Andy

3 REPLIES 3
Bieomax

Hi Andy, is it a sony one? or a third party?

as i've found some of the third party ones to be abit touch and go to use. my father got a reasonable one but that came with its own IR or radio reciever which attached to the Flash shoe and plugged into the wired remote socket (thinking about it, it would have been a radio one as it had a small pull out aerial)

also have you tried giving the ir sensor on the grip a clean?

Kind Regards

Mark.
andypo62
New

Thanks Mark, It is third party sold on amazon and without instructions. No luck with it so far but will try cleaning the ir sensor

Andy

Bieomax

Hi Andy, just been thinking about this, have you tried using it in different lighting conditions incase that is affecting the IR signal ?

Have you also checked that the battery is good (is it one of them 2p sized flat cell batteries?)