Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV google cast issue

SOLVED
simeon.mcgri
Explorer

2015 Bravia Android TV google cast issue

Hi

Google cast stoped working after latest software update. I tried to power reset and storage reset,but it didn't help.

The tv is connected to router via wire.  My PC and sony z3 can't find google cast 😞

Anyone?

56 REPLIES 56
profile.country.GB.title
psp888

I also have the same issue, casting not working!

I use this all the time, so annoyed!

profile.country.GB.title
frogger38

Sorry @Eban65 your English is so good I thought you were in the UK

My Swedish is not good, but I think you need this link http://www.sony.se/support/sv/contact

Product is is Sony 2015 KDL 43W805C Android TV, UK Model with YouView, purchased Sept 2015.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

In regards to 'cast' not working - this has been reported by various experts on these forums and Sony has confirmed this issue.  Engineers in Japan and Europe are now working to find a solution.

Will keep you all updated once more information is known.

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

As a small update - Sony is in contact with Google to resolve this, as it appears its a global issue and not just EU.  Its only a matter of time now - which is being addressed with urgency.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

@Quinnicus wrote:

Hi all

As a small update - Sony is in contact with Google to resolve this, as it appears its a global issue and not just EU.  Its only a matter of time now - which is being addressed with urgency.

Cheers

This is much better communication from Sony after months of silence. I hope you keep this up and good to see it is being treated as a priority.

profile.country.SE.title
Eban65

Any news from Sony / Google?  For me this is strange there is so litle information about the expected time to debug, fix and correct and expected time for us consumers to have an update.

john.pringle

Me too  not happy 

stolsso98
Explorer

@Eban65 wrote:

Any news from Sony / Google?  For me this is strange there is so litle information about the expected time to debug, fix and correct and expected time for us consumers to have an update.

I totally agree.  It seems like Sony do not test the opdates before they are sendt out - amasing...

Hope we get more information soon

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

Unfortunately many Sony staff do not work weekends, hence no updates until at least Monday.

Cheers

profile.country.SE.title
Eban65

I think it's not good enough to let the costumer wait.

There is something called overtime.

Ok it is like it is.

But still surprising a great global Japanese company do not see that the customer is the one paying the wages.

Unhappy customers do go elsewhere. 

At least a timeframe when solved and a apologise for the inconvenience should be on place on the support web place.