Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

@Drpepper970 wrote:

@Risc0n wrote:

Can someone please check if it has been upgraded to Android 5.1? Downloading as I speak. I also second the above, a factory reset would be very wise.

i confirmed that on page 181, i'm now on android 5.1.1 and build no. Spv4kdtv15 5.1.1 LMY48E.S91 2.605

Sorry must have missed. I got a changelog from Swedish go over at AVS Forums

Well I have no idea why the update was pulled in the UK. In Belgium we got the update today. Android is now updated to 5.1.1
The build number is 2605 (SVP4KDTV15_EU-user 5.1.1 LMY48E.S91 2.605 release-keys).

Picture modes are expanded with the following:

• Sports
  • Animation
  • Photo-Vivid
  • Photo-Standard
  • Photo-Custom
  • Game
  • Graphics
  • HDR Video

HDMI format can be set to enhanced (4K 60p), and as you ca see from the picture modes, HDR has been added.

The interface seems to be much smoother. If the TV is more or less stable after the upgrade, I'll be able to tell in a couple of days.

profile.country.GB.title
rsebre

Make sure youve got everything that you want plugged in the way you want before the update as it does its port scan at start up and away you go.:smileyztele:

Im in the UK (Cornwall - The Cornish would disagree, but...) The update has download and installed in no time. I have several hundred apps for it too update but I will return with its build number for those intrested shortly.

Im now going to go pre order next years model too :smileyarrow: (5K? Or 8K?)

kind regards

richard

Tall.Paul
Explorer

Just did a check after I got in on the offchance an update was out and whaddya know!! Now downloading for X8309 43" model. Fingers crossed.

Brigante01

I can confirm that it now does 4K @ 60hz @ 4:4:4!! It looks glorious compared to 4:2:0 like it was before.

Thanks Sony!

Heckie

Netflix 5.1 and in sync! Happy days.

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

@Brigante01 wrote:

@I can confirm that it now does 4K @ 60hz @ 4:4:4!! It looks glorious compared to 4:2:0 like it was before.

Thanks Sony!

Assume this is only of benefit for people with a good spec PC?

andrewsoong

I'm sure the Freeview logo on the guide is the Freeview Play logo? Wonder if that is going to replace Youview.

profile.country.GB.title
rsebre

@RiscOn

A very very very good pc.:smileyztele:

From analyasis, about 0.01% of the Uk PC Users base. The full HDMI 2.0 socket is only avaliable on a few select very expensive Nvidia Cards from the last month. Everything before this is more likely HDMI 1.4c

so a very good rig needed.:smileyztele:

Ive updated and after a bit of playing around my X83C is on Android 5.5.15-leanback :smileyinfo:

Im going to go trawl said tinternet to find this Android image and see what else I can do.:smileyplus:

kind regards

richard

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

@rsebre wrote:

@RiscOn

A very very very good pc.:smileyztele:

From analyasis, about 0.01% of the Uk PC Users base. The full HDMI 2.0 socket is only avaliable on a few select very expensive Nvidia Cards from the last month. Everything before this is more likely HDMI 1.4c

so a very good rig needed.:smileyztele:

Ive updated and after a bit of playing around my X83C is on Android 5.5.15-leanback :smileyinfo:

Im going to go trawl said tinternet to find this Android image and see what else I can do.:smileyplus:

kind regards

richard

Ahh I see, my last high end rig was a GTX 260 lol... I am bit confused about this leanback, I though it was Android 5.1?

Heckie

Still can't get 5.1 from Google Play Movies.