Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
Caledonian_TV
Contributor

@continentalgt187 wrote:

We are told Sony will do nothing before the end of March and we are stuck with it, so lets get back to a more positive situation and see if we can come up with fixes, adjustments or just sharing experiences in an effort to help one another.

Nope... Sorry... You don't get away with that one either...  All this 'oh you're so negative' claptrap went out with NLP, mung beans and joss sticks; it's an insult to all but the most feeble intelligence.

If you had bothered to research a little deeper you'd see I have responed to other threads and made suggestions which should be of help to others.  - But all that of course is a distraction from the facts and the matter in hand; which is that Sony have placed a product on the market that is simply not fit for purpose. - And again that's not an opinion but a statement of fact based on evidence.

I'm not a "self proclaimed" expert as you so cheaply jibe. But a professional with over 35 years experience and qualification to Master's level. - And the fact that I am not about to compromise my professional standing by joining in the songs of praise about something I know should really earn those responible the sack, is a mark of my professional integrity...

In other words if I'm not willing to tolerate Sony's efforts to paint the roses red what on earth makes anyone think I'm about to actually assist them?  - Such an act would be far from one of leadership... Rather it would be one of rank dishonesty and cowardice.

You have a faulty television set... Which for some reason you don't want to return. You are happy to continue to use it 'neutered' thinking that some sort of 'fix' and seem to imagine that those of us who find (having paid a premium price for an allegedly premium product) that unacceptable are in the wrong...  Your own prerogative... 

But I'm afraid reality is reality... The truth is the truth...  And the fact it might not be 'positive', whilst disappointing to those who like to live in their own little bubble, remains just that...  

You might - possibly - have heard less from me but for the fact that I observed today the 'same old same old' emerge in terms of certain individuals trying to paint false pictures, and worse, attacking others as 'moaners'...   When the truth is people have real problems with these sets...  And they remain, not fit for purpose.  

As I said earlier... Sony need to get their bairns in and put to bed...  If they want to sort out this PR disaster it will take some good old-fashioned grown-up customer service, recompense for those affected and a public apology. 

profile.country.GB.title
AnthonyMK
Explorer

Well this thread makes for a depressing read,

bought 49X8005c on the 8th of Jan, replacing a samsung that had served me well for 5years with 0issues, and is still happily working away in a different room.

after reading the first few and last few pages of this thread i've pretty much most of the issues that have arisen for others, in fact i'm currently sitting typing this on HDMI1 with the menu system for changing the picture mode not appearing (which has decided to stay on some blinding super bright setting currently rather than it's preferred setting but i can't be bothered rebooting it yet as i've just turned it on after work...)

Latest firmware, 2weeks old'ish

Tv freezes a lot, which results in it rebooting or needing a full power off at the wall

All HDMI feeds showing no video needing a full power off at the wall

TV lost it's ethernet feed while on standby and tried constantly to get it back...which flooded out my switch disconnecting everything else until i again powered it off at the wall.

Picture mode settings being lost switching between sources needing them to be reselected.

Youview was horrendously slow so it was disabled it (as i have a youview box)

Against my better judgement this was an impulse purchase and I choose it with limited stock for other brands available... reading this thread has not filled me with confidence for resolutions or improvements to it's current state to be coming down the line.

adyjay33

Take your one back straight away, if I knew that these sets were so bad I would have not bought it too... sadly I did and was told that an update would fix it all, well it came the day after I bought it, it did not solve the problems, then I am told it will be fixed by the 24th Dec of all days, that never happened, then I was told it will be before the 31st March 2016... will that fix it I wonder...

Last chance Sony, then I'm coming for you if it does not fix it and give me the features I was told it would have!

KD-55X8509C LATEST FIRMWARE
NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER!
profile.country.GB.title
frogger38

@Tarzion wrote:

Press Home on the remote

Scroll down to Settings

Under Settings there should be an option Channel Setup

Try using it to scan channels etc and you will see what I mean.

Any TV will take time to scan the whole UHF band. I don't see that the one off tuning process is a problem. Once done, does the set run OK?

Product is is Sony 2015 KDL 43W805C Android TV, UK Model with YouView, purchased Sept 2015.
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@AnthonyMK wrote:

Picture mode settings being lost switching between sources needing them to be reselected.

Can't help with the rest of your woes, but unless you mean that the settings you have on a source are lost when you switch to another source and then back, what you are seeing here is the design behaviour, as each input has separately settable display options.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.en_GB.title
TheVoice

No mine also does that, it'll for no reason revert settings back to default when I switch to my PS4 for example. Not all the time, just sometimes.

Tarzion

@frogger38I am guessing you didn't read my previous posts.

mystiqu
Explorer

I've just aquired a KD-55X8505C and are experiencing the following issues.

*Black screen after power save (sleep mode)

*Remote lag (approx. 10-20s)

*Sometimes the lag never dissapear and I must reboot the TV.

I just upgraded to version 3.169 (europe/sweden) which made it a lot better, but i still occur almost every day.

Before v3.169 I experienced black screen, video/audio sync issues, remote lag (minutes) etc after every time the TV entered power save mode.

I curse myself that I did not researched enough before buying it - it was kind of an impulse purchase...

Seing all posts and other people with the same issues for such a long time it seems like Sony isn't capable of fixing the issues 😕

//Mike

profile.country.GB.title
frogger38

@Tarzion I must have missed something then.,,, there is so much to read in this thread some of which is valuable. I'll look back.

Edit:.. I've now gone through all of your posts, I had seen them all, but am not wiser... are you saying the remote is still sluggish after you have completed the retune and are back in YouView functions?

Product is is Sony 2015 KDL 43W805C Android TV, UK Model with YouView, purchased Sept 2015.
ci7y2015

Bought an 49" 805C from Amazon a flash sale for £509 which is a bargain

cant really understand all the hate on here...  dont use sky/youview or any off that stuff

installed:

KODI, tvaddons

SKYGO

Popcorn time

Cartoon HD

ShowBox

Mobdro

Live Steaming

in minutes

used sideload launcher to launch hidden apps