Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
profile.country.GB.title
theshamelessmanc

so whats the scoop so far? Can anyone say if they get....

5.1 audio via ARC with either Netflix or Playstation 4?

Lip sync issues with AV equipment or TV speakers?

Slow, sluggish UI or not?

I am to scared to take off my tinfoil hat and update yet LOL.

Brigante01

@Risc0n yeah you would need a graphic card from the latest Nvidia generation. Gtx 960 and up but you can only game with 980ti or Titan X really.

Gaming at 4K is just something else though and at this size screen. I got the 43" X830C.

Heckie

5.1 is working fine for me via ARC to AV receiver with no lip sync in Netflix.

No 5.1 from other apps or via Chromecast.

elraouk

Anyone tried plex with direct play / stream turned on? 
profile.country.en_GB.title
petsmart

Netflix 5.1 not working for me yet on the 55x8509c with inbuilt app.

will test again shortly but still showing 2.0 on my amp. 

chrgray

How do I get the GRACENOTE TV guide back instead of this Freeview guide?  Even when tuned to Sky, all I can get is the Freeview guide, which has the Freeview channel numbers instead of the Sky channel numbers.

profile.country.GB.title
rsebre

@Risc0n and @Brigante01

I'm so glad I didnt use the wrong Android Image last night. It would appear that this display has Android Leanback not Lollipop. :smileyinfo:

4096 × 2160p (50, 60 Hz)*1*2, 4096 × 2160p (24 Hz)*2, 3840 × 2160p (50, 60 Hz)*1, 3840 × 2160p (24, 25, 30 Hz), 1080p (30, 50, 60 Hz), 1080/24p, 1080i (50, 60 Hz), 720p (30, 50, 60 Hz), 720/24p, 576p, 576i, 480p, 480i, PC Formats *1 YCbCr 4:2:0 / 8bit only *2

3840×2160p is displayed when 4096×2160p is input. Which could be updated next, I will look into it, but it should be easy enough to get it to give you the correct resolution of the input, and this will help people like me who would probably think its PC side when it wasn't.:smileyplus:

I game in 4K, 32bit, 4096 by 2160 but only at 30hz, not the full fat 60hz quiet just yet, for that you'd need two titans. Which cost more than the display by the way.:smileyztele:

I run everything in 4k 30hz without a graphics card or soundcard. I can play all my games in 4K just using my Motherboards built in iGFX (Iris Pro i7). But when I can get hold of a 4K 60hz HDMI CDPC CEC 2.0 port via a silent GPU I will, just or those extra 30hz. Several are coming this month from TSCF and others, but my system is silent, no moving parts or fans and such, silent 4K Media Center, Server and mean games machine..:smileyheart:

kind regards

richard

Heckie

@petsmart

I've got TV set to auto 1. Outputting Dolby Digital 5.1.

Cannot get Google Play Movies to work through. Nexus Player plugged directly into amp outputs PCM 5.1.

profile.country.en_GB.title
petsmart

Thanks @HeckieI powered off the tv. Just into standby and put it back on. Can now see 5.1 as an output when using the drop down within Netflix audio options. 

And presto!!

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

@Heckie wrote:

@petsmart

I've got TV set to auto 1. Outputting Dolby Digital 5.1.

Cannot get Google Play Movies to work through. Nexus Player plugged directly into amp outputs PCM 5.1.

Someone in US say set to Auto 2?