Join now - be part of our community!

3D error on Sony KD-55XD9305

profile.country.GB.title
mcnally32
Explorer

3D error on Sony KD-55XD9305

Finally got around to trying  the 3D tonight after 3 months of having owned this tv. Glasses paired quite easily. 

I watched a few youtube videos to see what to do. I pulled up the sony sample 3d video. Here's the problem. Its side by side, so i hit 3d and select side by side. The problem is it stays like that.

In other words there are constantly two pictures on the screen and i'm 99.9999% sure once i select 3D side by side the picture should turn into one?

Any help greatly appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi mcnally32, and welcome to the community,

Please see the Troubleshooting section in this Help Guide and let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Pascale_F

profile.country.GB.title
mcnally32
Explorer

I've tried everything. The issue is when i select 3d side by side it stays in two pictures. Not sure what else i can try.

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @mcnally32,

I assume you are inside the YouTube app, which doesn't support that function (no app does).

It doesn't work on my 4K 3D Philips TV as well.

You need to play 3D SBS (or Top-Bottom) content from a USB-Device or an external HDMI source.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
57western
Explorer

Hi to anybody who can help.

My 55XD9305 will not allow 3d. When I go to 3d settings its dark and won't light up.

I tried factory reset but it wont connect the 3d activation. The error message is that the 3d DVD player

has not detected that it is connected to a 3d display ie tv. The software to both is up to date. The HDMI cables work

well and are of the required type. When I have the tv picture from satellite on, the 3d display comes on when i press the action menue but it says 3d is off. I cant' get it to turn on. Any help will be appreciated. It was working a few months ago. Now I can't watch dune in 3d- so sad 

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @57western,

from which source are you playing DUNE in 3D?

It is not available on 3D Blu Ray as far as I know.

Or are you trying to convert 2D to 3D with the TVs function?

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
57western
Explorer

Hi Nic

it is in 3d and standard Blu Ray. Bought from Germany - and its in English.

I have tried other UK 3ds which have worked without problem but not I still

have the same problem. The tv used to have a 3d detected logo on the screen

when I loaded a 3d video but I don't get anything now. Just an error message

that the 3d won't play, which implies the TV wont recognise the signal because

I think the message comes from the 3d player.