Join now - be part of our community!

43XD8088 unplug from power before it will turn on

jpcoles
Explorer

43XD8088 unplug from power before it will turn on

Hi all, hope someone can help!

Firstly, I really want to like this TV (43XD8088) the screen and picture I think are great and works well with all my devices (SKY, PS3, PS4 and AMP) and has all the features I could ever need.

BUT, only had it since March and at first it worked great, however over the last couple of weeks it won't turn on using remote, buttons on set or Sideview App unless I unplug it from the mains first and plug it back in, then remote works and it switches on and TV behaviours normally. Untill it's been standby for 6 hours or so and then it won't switch on again until unplugged.

Extremely frustrating as not possible for kids to keep moving furniture just to watch TV.

Things tried so far:

Rang Sony helpline (nothing they suggested fixed it)

Changed batteries in remote

Checked remote working with camera

Installed SideView App and turned remote start on

Turned off YouView and using Freeview EPG

Turned off update guide in standby

Turned off all ECO settings I could find

Tried timer to have it come on early in morning

and

Two factory resets

I can't be the only one this happens to, so hoping it's a simple setting i've missed.

Despite the brilliant picture, if I can't get it to turn on with the remote after it's been in standby for several hours, think it'll be going back and i'll be getting another Samsung.

Here's hoping!

JC

3 REPLIES 3
jpcoles
Explorer

Looks like I am the only one with this problem.

So must assume it's faulty, shame really as when i get it going it's a fantastic picture. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Sorry that no one has got back to you.  If nothing has worked (as you said above), then yes it does seem to be a hardware issue.  As its new, simply contact the retailer you purchased it from to see if they will exchange it with another TV or warranty repair.

Cheers

jpcoles
Explorer

Thanks for replying!

Interestingly I just came across another thread on here with same problem and same model, even after exchanging it for same TV.

Must be a faulty batch!