Join now - be part of our community!

4K Netflix motion judder

profile.country.GB.title
benfromwigan
Explorer

4K Netflix motion judder

Hello

I recently purchased a 49XG8396 .  This wasn't my 1st choice but the one I wanted had crazily splayed out stand feet which wouldnt fit on my existing tv cabinet.

I have been searching for optimal settings for the various sources such as our normal tv viewing and netflix.  I have seen people suggesting that motionflow should be on "cinema pro" and film mode should be "high" when watching 4k Netflix.  I watched some of the documentary "Dont f*ck with cats" which is displayed as "ultra 4k hd" when it starts.  There is a lot of scrolling text and moving around of text on the screen at the beginning and the scrolling text looked awfull. It was really juddery and I saw about 3 versions of the same letter as it ghosted across the screen.  Is this how it is supposed to look or would look in the cinema??  I did a quick rewind and switched from "cinema pro" to "smooth" and the scrolling text actually scrolled instead of juddering across the screen.  This new tv with all its different fancy settings is driving me nuts!  My mrs is going mad at me for keeping fiddling with the settings but im just not happy with the motion settings.  I never had these issues with my old basic samsung with not fancy settings.  Can someone please clear up what settings work well for viewing netflix 4k hd stuff on an XG83 tv.

Thanks in advance....please help before my mrs kills me.

0 REPLIES 0