Join now - be part of our community!

55XD7005 HDR 2K Only

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
clarke316

55XD7005 HDR 2K Only

Hi All,

I set up my PS4 pro yesterday to be told that my TV only supports HDR in 2K only, Is there to be another firmware update to change this (I have the latest update installed), a setting I'm missing or have I effectively been ripped off?

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DrCalypso
Explorer

Here's something else i just stumbled upon:

From rtings.com:

Like the Sony X750D, the X700D can display Chroma 4:4:4 at 4k @ 60Hz only on the HDMI port 2 and 3 and you need to switch the 'HDMI signal format' to 'Enhanced format'.

As far as i know the X700D is the US variant of the XD7005 (i might be wrong though),

so swapping HDMI inputs might help.

Cheers,

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
DrCalypso
Explorer

Hi clarke,

I experienced the same thing. Still looking for a solution, please let me know if you find anything, i will do the same.

Cheers.

DrCalypso
Explorer

Found something:

But am unable to check if it helps cause i'm still at work:

1. Press the HOME button, then select [Settings] — [External inputs] — [HDMI signal format] — the desired option.

Available options:

"Standard format"

Standard HDMI format for normal use.

"Enhanced format"

High-Quality HDMI format. Set only when using capable devices.

So it seems like we have to change it to Enhanced mode to properly work.

full link here:

CLICK ME

Let me know if it does anything for you.

Kingjed
Explorer

Hi

seen this on my PS4 pro when it said my device didn't support UDCP 2.2

apparently of the 4 HDMI ports only two support UDCP 2.2 , also I am at work so cannot change my hdmi slots to check this out will try later.

note I nearly installed sky Q but doing this research seen that about the ports and SKQ needs UDCP 2.2 support to work so need to find out which ones support it.

see image below mine is runnning 4K but the UDCP needs sorting in the Tv to work

out what's what and if I can have sky Q

Screen shot

profile.country.GB.title
clarke316

Hi Jed,

This is the message I'm, and I assume DrCalypso, getting, I'm connected to HDMI1 on my TV, so check your one out!

Kingjed
Explorer

That does look like a setting change only m

mine is saying HDR not supported but it's a Sony 4K HDR Tv?

KD-55X8505B

DrCalypso
Explorer

That's exactly what it displays for me @clarke316.

I'll definitely check the "enhanced HDMI" setting as soon as i'm home, but it might take a couple of hours.

So in case anybody will be able to check it before, please share your experience.

Also, just because there might be a difference in Ports (even though sony says there's not), my pro is currently connected to HDMI one directly.

DrCalypso
Explorer

Here's something else i just stumbled upon:

From rtings.com:

Like the Sony X750D, the X700D can display Chroma 4:4:4 at 4k @ 60Hz only on the HDMI port 2 and 3 and you need to switch the 'HDMI signal format' to 'Enhanced format'.

As far as i know the X700D is the US variant of the XD7005 (i might be wrong though),

so swapping HDMI inputs might help.

Cheers,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys

You will also need a HDMI cable that is rated at 18Gbps

Cheers

DrCalypso
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus,

luckily that comes with the PS4 Pro,

but it's still good information for everyone that maybe didn't want to change the existing wiring :slight_smile:

Cheers