Join now - be part of our community!

55xd8005 and jbl 3.1 sound bar hdmi arc big problem

profile.country.GB.title
Amossi
Explorer

55xd8005 and jbl 3.1 sound bar hdmi arc big problem

Hello , 

I own a smart tv by sony and few days ago i baught jbl 3.1 sound bar.

when i watch tv via cables i enjoy my sound bar via hdmi arc and when i turn the sound bar off the tv speaker appear. Perfect!

The problem is when i turn off the tv and then on again , my sound bar and arc does not recognized by the tv anymore and i hear no sound at all , when i turn off the sound bar i start hearing from tv and when i turn on the sound bar (and choose arc source) i hear nothing! The only fix is to pull the main cord of the tv from the wall , wait a minute and then put it back into place , only then it recognize the sound bar.to do this every time is insane! 

Realy need your help guys!

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@perostero  

1, 2 and 3 are fine, but 4 is wrong. And you probably knew that.....

As this all used to work, and work with the other soundbar as well, if I read you correctly, something’s changed, and it would be the TV here. So a Factory Reset is indicated.

Before doing that though, you might like to try setting On, in System:-

2. Auto wake up
The soundbar is powered on whenever a sound signal is received. This is most useful when connecting to the TV using the optical cable, as most HDMI ARC connections enable this feature by default.

since it looks like the TV has stopped sending the wake-up request over the ARC; so maybe letting the soundbar check for a signal would be a temporary workaround before resetting the TV.

It would be no bad idea to reset the soundbar as well (though you would have to calibrate it again afterwards) if all is still not quite right.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
Amossi
Explorer

Just wanted to let you know guys that after 1 year , nothing had work with the hdmi cable and arc , sony repairman from the company visit me and finally the answer was (1 year ago) that the tv tv and the sb just dont work together. Since then i bought an optic cable and have 0 errors. I do belive you fight for a lost cause here!