Join now - be part of our community!

55XD85 – Painfully slow...

profile.country.GB.title
locroni
Explorer

55XD85 – Painfully slow...

Hi,

I’ve had the TV for about 4 months, I’ve been using a SKY+HD box for most of that time. I’ve recently cancelled Sky and signed up to Netflix and Amazon Prime, both of these apps run like a pig. The home interface has so much lag it’s laughable. The TV likes to randomly re-boot from time to time too. I’ve only noticed this because I’m using the Android OS more and more. 

My previous Sony which was running Sony’s own OS was fine. 

The XD85 is all up to date software wise, I’ve performed a complete factory reset and the issues still persist. I like to think I’m pretty on the money with all this but am i doing something wrong?

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

In regards to the TV running slow - it shouldnt be too bad. I also have the KD-55XD8577 and do not really experience this.  DId you factory reset since the firmware update 3.885 or before that?  If before the latest firmware, suggest doing it again.

Rebooting:

Sony would like to investigate your problem with your TV unexpectedly rebooting.  Are you able to provide more information (see below for questions).

--- --- --- --- ---

Unexpected_Reboot :

(Questions)

Q1 – What is your TV Model Number?

Q2 – Since when did you experience the random reboot issue?

• Since TV Purchase?
  • Since Software update? (Please state exact software/firmware version)
  • Not Sure?

Q3 – How often does the random reboot issue occur (i.e. once a day, twice a day, once a week etc.?)

Q4 – Are you able to consistently reproduce this issue?

• No, the problem is totally random
  • Yes – Please describe the step-by-step procedure

Q5 – How does your TV receive its broadcast signal?

• Digital TV by terrestrial antenna
  • Digital TV by satellite dish (state satellite system)
  • Digital TV by cable (state cable provider name)
  • Analog TV
  • Other (please describe)

Q6 – Is a CAM card necessary to reproduce the reboot problem?

Q7 – What other devices are connected to the TV?

Q8 – Does disabling Interactive Applications help avoid the reboot problem? (Instructions: HERE)

Q9 – Does turning OFF “Update Guide in Standby” help avoid the reboot problem? 

(HOME > Settings > Channel setup > Digital Setup > Guide set-up > Update Guide in standby > OFF)

Q10 – Any other additional information to add?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
locroni
Explorer

Hi,

Thanks for taking time to reply.

I have KD-55XD8599

Since upgrading to the 7.0 Android software, currently on 7.1? I think, i will check. 

2/3 times a week, average viewing time of 3/5 hours a day

Amazon Prime causes intense lag and its the main cause of the rebooting

Digtal TV via terrestrial anntenna which hardly ever picks up a signal, the Samsung in the bedroom recieves the same feed and all YouView channels are accessable. The old Sony TV could recieve all the FreeView channel.

I have a PS4, Apple TV (3rd Gen), Sonos PlayBar via optical 

Thanks

Louis

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

You are on Marshmallow (Android 6.0) like I am.  Nougat (Android 7.0) has not been released to our TV models as of yet.

Can you fill out each of those 10 questions - The more people who do this, the more likely Sony will find the cause of the random reboots.

In regards to Amazon lag - is it playing a video or changing the volume etc?  There are some issues currently with Amazon in particular, see the bugs and issues list for more details : HERE  - are they similar to yours?

Cheers

Edit: As an example of answering the questions and the format to use, see my post HERE and the persons below mine.