Join now - be part of our community!

55XD9305 Sky Q 10 bit issue

SOLVED
Phairfamily
Explorer

55XD9305 Sky Q 10 bit issue

Hi,

i recently purchased a 55XD9305 and had sky Q installed.

i switched on enchanced on HDMI 1 and set my sky Q to 2160p 10bit, the problem is some times when I turn on the tv and sky all I get is a black screen with a message saying no input found.

so I tried tried my ps4 pro cable which is also set to enchanced (and runs in 4K 10bit without issue) and got the same issue.

iive tried every HDMI port and even brought a new high speed cable.

i noticed when I get sky to find the best 2160p setting it picks 10bit yet when I select it I loose picture and again get the no input message.

can someone please help me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Can I assume that you have updated the TV to the latest firmware?  If so, sometimes a factory reset can help as this can clear 'gremlins' - see HERE to factory reset the TV.

If that fails to resolve the problem, it might just be another HDMI connected device interferring with the handshake signal, recommend you following the steps in the advanced part of this :

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/hdmi-problems-troubleshooting-steps/td-p/2141941

Also I can confirm that your TV does have a 10 bit panel.

Cheers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Can I assume that you have updated the TV to the latest firmware?  If so, sometimes a factory reset can help as this can clear 'gremlins' - see HERE to factory reset the TV.

If that fails to resolve the problem, it might just be another HDMI connected device interferring with the handshake signal, recommend you following the steps in the advanced part of this :

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/hdmi-problems-troubleshooting-steps/td-p/2141941

Also I can confirm that your TV does have a 10 bit panel.

Cheers

Phairfamily
Explorer

Many thanks 

it is 10bit tv and all working :slight_smile: