Join now - be part of our community!

55XG9505BU

profile.country.GB.title
New

55XG9505BU

Bought TV in June 2019. Connected to the internet via wifi. After about 1 week of use kept getting message whilst watching terrestrial TV, pop ups saying no longer connected to internet. A second later, pop up says now connected to internet. This happens every so often, at irregular intervals. After another week message pop up with wifi error, contact SONY. Go through a full reset, which takes an age. Everything OK. Then it all starts happening again. Do a number of resets which initially corrects problem. Contact John Lewis, they give me a replacement. Now it is happening to the replacement.

I have other equipment connected to my network, all with no problem. I have fast broadband, so no problem with bandwidth, signal as steady as a rock. Anybody else have similar problems?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

Sorry to hear about the issues you are having.

I'd recommend getting in touch with the Sony Support team here to discuss this further. 

Best wishes,

Sean 

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

for how long it stays disconnected? The thing is that ISP resets your internet connection at least once in a day and than you'll see that message. That was not present on earlier models but I see that on my XG95 quite often since my internet connection sucks and I have multiple reconnections during the day. That usually takes some 30s so netflix works because of the buffer.

profile.country.GB.title
New

Thanks for the replies.

John Lewis sent an engineer around and we discovered that my TalkTalk fibre wifi router is dropping its signal every so often. The TV is only about 16ft from the router, so much for TalkTalk's boast that it is one of their most powerful routers. I have now connected the TV via a powerline adapter. So far no problem. Obviously Smart TV's need a steadier signal than your normal PC's etc.

Thanks again