Join now - be part of our community!

65XD7505

zexheell
New

65XD7505

Hi, i have android tv sony kdl65xd7505 and i got connected by optic auido cable surround speakers logitwch z906. But I dont want to turn them off, cause they can after some time without signal go to sleep mode (energy save) and here begins my problem.

1 - I dont know why, but if I turn off my tv it all the time in few seconds sends some signal by optic cable and wake the speakers up.

2 - i got connected usb hdd with movies, I turn off TV and it all the time wake up usb ports just like optic cable signal, so it turn on hardrive and after few seconds turn off. This repeats all the time till I got TV off. But it seems its not all off on tv like it should.

Previously I got kdl60w605b and there wasnt any problem like this, everything works right. I am happy with this TV but it seems that something should be bad in firmware, I just think of that. Hope you fix this problem soon, thank you, best regards

sorry for my english :slight_smile:

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

In regards to power going through the USB ports - as far as I am aware this is normal operation.  This is due to the USB ports requiring power in order for the ability to enable remote recording.

In regards to your external speakers 'waking up' via the optical connection.  The optical port should go into a 'deep sleep' mode after 2-3 hours.  Which can be confirmed in this post HERE (but different model and firmware version though). 

I have not heard of any other complaints on these forums or else-where in regards to this issue - So I am going to assume that there is either a setting issue on the TV or the speakers themselves.  In regards to TV settings, I cannot find any settings that you could change that would help.  Looking at the Z906 Speakers, I cannot see anything either that would help.

So the question is - How do you know the TV is waking up the speakers and every few seconds?

Cheers