Join now - be part of our community!

A95K OD-OLED Pixel refresh

profile.country.HU.title
MflexSounds
Explorer

A95K OD-OLED Pixel refresh

Hi there,

Automatic compensation, so the pixel refresh, is usually activated on OLED TVs after 4 hours of continuous TV viewing. But on this type (A95k QD OLED) I just don't know when it happens.  I read the user manual all the way through but there is nothing about this. My Panasonic OLED tv has an orange LED on while this compensation is taking place... In general 6-7 min. If the TV has been running continuously for at least four hours, the automatic Pixel refresh will run when switched off and and the led lights up orange. 

But on this Sony TV, I don't know when it works and if it works at all, because there is no indication of this.

Maybe someone has an idea? 

🤔

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Enthusiast

Sony has a different approach to pixel/ panel refresh timings.

Press the Settings button on your remote, select Settings from the pop up menu on screen, select

Display & Sound scroll down and click on Expert Panel Settings.

Make sure Pixel Shift is ON.

If you want to refresh the panel you can do so but please read this first.

https://helpguide.sony.net/tv/jaep1/v1/en/08-02-31_02.html

profile.country.HU.title
MflexSounds
Explorer

Thanks for the reply

The pixel shift is of course on and I don't want to do a big panel refresh either.

I mean, I read this manual and that's why I asked, because I still don't know if Sony has a Pixel refresh at all.

What is strange is that even the customer service could not tell me this, but they promised to call me back.

It was a simply question.  And they don't know the answer to that, she just said that the TV probably does it in the background, but she wasn't sure. 

So....

I'm still wondering if this TV will make a 6-10 minute compensation after 4 or more hours of continuous use, like OLED TVs usually do.

And furthermore, a high-end TV does not display any information, very strange to me.
Dolby Atmos, Dolby Vision, HDR, DTS etc... nothing...

Have a great day... 

profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Enthusiast

Don't think the TV refreshes the pixels automatically after a few hours of viewing.

I found this Sony article, https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00173479

which is for Sony OLEDS running Android 10 in Europe.

Apart from pixel shift the TV will once turned off via remote control and after a few hours

automatically re-calibrates the screen, presumably by passing a small amount of voltage through each pixel.

Not entirely sure about what you mean about not showing any information.

If you are just watching TV you can press the info button on the black plastic remote.

Or on the metal remote press the numbers button and click to the right and select i+ (info).

If you are watching something on a device connected to the USB ports and using the TVs own media player

you can get information on the Video and Audio codecs, HDR, SDR and colour space by clicking the button

in the middle of the wheel, the media control panel should show, move to the right and click on the 3 dots,

from the menu on the right scroll down to Details.

If you are using another media player such as VLC or Kodi they will have their own info buttons to get

video and audio information.