Join now - be part of our community!

After Netflix dies no app starts at all

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

After Netflix dies no app starts at all

I renewed the Netflix subscription for a month and the first week it was fine. Then playing "The Expande" Netflix started to die at the 7th episode or so. Without any popup window. I am not sure if the Netflix app has been updated in the meantime.

The problem is that after it happens, and it happened few times, no other app will start. Or better, they seem to start and closing (disappearing, actually. Literally) immediately. I tried various things and my only resort was to reboot the TV.

Apart from the the last time, when I tried to check with "adb logcat" what was wrong. And doing so it (partially?) stopped the misbehaviour. Or at least I managed to watch the end of the episode without rebooting the TV.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Jecht_Sin schrieb:

I am not sure if the Netflix app has been updated in the meantime.

I received an update this week.

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

@Kuschelmonschter All right, thanks. So Netflix probably broke something in the update. Not  that it had affect the other apps, though!

Anyway, playing other movies/TV shows it didn't seem to happen. Maybe "The Expanse" triggers a bug in a decoder or else and that makes the whole OS going banana. 

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Can you possibly reproduce it with a certain episode at a certain position?

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

Not really, because after the reboot it was fine. I always restarted from some seconds before the crash. Same for when it worked after logging with "adb shell" without rebooting the TV. Unless it needs to watch an entire episode or so to fail. It's quite a weird bug.