Join now - be part of our community!

After update KD49XE8005!!

profile.country.GB.title
Shiyar
Explorer

After update KD49XE8005!!

I can not find the option to change the language of voice search, although it is available before the last update. What is the solution please?

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Was never aware you could independently select a different language than the Main use language. Where did you use to be able to select your voice search language?

profile.country.GB.title
Shiyar
Explorer

@dutchicewrote:

Was never aware you could independently select a different language than the Main use language. Where did you use to be able to select your voice search language?

The reason is that my mother language is Arabic and I live in a European country and sometimes I need to search for Arabic materials. Previously this option existed and was better...

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Let me ask my question again then. Where in the TV Settings did you use to select the language for voice search before the firmware upgrade?

profile.country.GB.title
Shiyar
Explorer

@dutchicewrote:

Let me ask my question again then. Where in the TV Settings did you use to select the language for voice search before the firmware upgrade?

I set it through the settings but after the update this option is no longer available and the voice search language is built into the system language and can not be changed

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Your TV supports a number of different languages. You can select your choice under Home > Settings > Language

If the language you are looking for is not in the list of possible options, then that language can not be used by any specific app (e.g. Google Search) running on your TV including the Android TV Operating System itself. Note that there can only be one single language active at all times, this will be the same for both the Android TV OS and the available apps. The list of available language options, depends on the specific region to which your TV model belongs to. If you can not find Arabic in the list of languages anymore, you probably have had a different region firmware version prior to the latest update.