Join now - be part of our community!

AG9, remote and sonos playbar

profile.country.GB.title
andrew.rowleyq
Explorer

AG9, remote and sonos playbar

Hi,

I've recently purchased an AG9 and am trying to get both the Sonos playbar and the remote to work together nicely.

I can only control the sonos playbar volume via IR which only works when the remote is not connected to the tv via bluetooth - but then i don't get the other remote features e.g. the voice control button doesn't work and searching by voice doesn't work

Has anyone had any success in getting the remote to control both the playbar via IR and the tv via bluetooth? Obviously the remote has both IR and bluetooth technology however they don't seem to work at the same time?

Many thanks

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
davidhodges86
New

Hi,

I realise this is an old post but I had the same problem with the AG9 and it's the top Google result.

I've created an Android app which solves this problem - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dev.hodges.volumelink

The app works by logging in securely to your Sonos account (using oauth so it never gets your password or account details, just a token) then the app will listen for the volume changed broadcasts from the TV and forward any volume changes to the PlayBar.

As well as changing the PlayBar volume using the TV remote connected via Bluetooth I can now even use the Android TV Remote app to change the PlayBar volume.

There are a couple of caveats currently as I only started the app last week - you can only have one Sonos "Household" and 1 PlayBar on your account - otherwise it will just use the first PlayBar it finds.  This works for me but for "bigger" Sonos users it will be a problem.  If people like the idea though I can easily add some screens to pick a household and then pick the PlayBar required.

David