Join now - be part of our community!

Amazon instant video not working on my Bravia TV

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
lecrampton

Amazon instant video not working on my Bravia TV

I am having issues getting Amazon instant video to work on my Sony TV it had been working up until Thursday night and will work on my laptop and ipad. The App will open and I can go to my watchlist and select a progam, but when I click on the watch program nothing happens? Any ideas, I have tried software updates and checking my internet conection all are fine (it will play netflicks with no issues)

Thank you.

35 REPLIES 35
profile.country.GB.title
jiwhitt97
Explorer

Me too. I can’t access any Amazon content on my Sony BDVN590.  I can browse through it but when I open a video I get a message box “Network down.”  

It isn’t the network my end - other services such as BBC iPlayer are working fine.  Amazon and Sony, please sort it out.

I miss LoveFilm. You don’t get this when you’ve got a cold, hard disc in your hand.

profile.country.GB.title
Merwin45
Explorer

Same here, problem first started on Friday (1st February) up until then all was working fine.

On my 2 Bravia TVs I can browse my watchlist and select movies and series but when I selectWatch Now I get "content error" .

Also, on 2 Sony Blu-ray players it is the same except the message is "Network Down"

All other internet content on Sony apps is fine, only issue is with Amazon Prime Video.

No solution from Amazon help desk, they say a report will be passed to the technical dept.

Not much point in paying for Prime if it doesn't work.

One thing I noticed, previously before loading the video it would display a network speed check, now it doesn't do that, just goes straight to "content error"

My Sony Devices (Bravia TV’s and Blue-ray players) suffered from the same symptoms.  On checkignthis evening they all seem to be working correctly. I suspect this was down to an Amazon delivery glitch, which has now been rectified.

profile.country.GB.title
Mdfrancis111
Explorer

Yep, Amazon Prime video is now working. Back to normal.
profile.country.GB.title
Merwin45
Explorer

Just checked, 10.00pm Tuesday, all working normally again.

profile.country.GB.title
PoisonousMonkey
Explorer

I've had this problem since updating my TV to the latest version of android. I kept getting a bandwidth error despite having over 200Mbps. I tried all the stuff on the Sony website and Amazon's help page but no joy. Ended up factory resetting the TV. Takes about 20 mins but it worked!

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @PoisonousMonkey,

Welcome to the Sony Online Community and thanks for taking your time to share your solution. We appreciate it since it helps many other members in situations just like yourself. 

Cheers,

Dutchice

Clare32
New

A message appeared on my don't bra is TV when I switched to Amazon prime saying that from August 22nd the app would no longer work on this tv.

Eminox20
New

I've had similar issues from day one, Amazon Prime video is just unbearably slow. Have done all upgrades/resets suggested and it makes no difference. Seems to be specific to Sony TV's only!

profile.country.GB.title
Merwin45
Explorer

I gave up on this issue and bought an Amazon Fire TV stick, a much better
solution in every way.
The Sony implementation is useless and I believe they have no interest in
making it work.
I no longer use any of the internet features on my Sony Bravia TV.