Join now - be part of our community!

amazon prime stopped working on KD-55X8509C

profile.country.GB.title
burlyson

amazon prime stopped working on KD-55X8509C

Can any body help. amazon prime has worked on 2 occaissions on my sony bravia KD-55X8509C. Now it just tries to connect but nothing happens

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Have you managed to get this working now or are you still having troubles.  Appologies for the delay in replying.

Cheers

nicmcfer
Explorer

Amazon Instant Video stopped working on my KDL-42W654.  I noticed that when I try to enable the service on the SEN website, Amazon Instant is not an option for this TV a 2014 model, but is for my 2 other Sony products, the 2013 version of the same TV and a Blu-Ray player, a couple of years older.  Why would it not show up as an option?  It works fine on both the older products.

k.broadway
Explorer

Hi 

Did you get this working ?

cheers 

profile.country.GB.title
burlyson

Eventually but I am not sure how.I wandered around the settings but didn't really change anything. This is the second time it has not recognized Amazon Prime it seems to drop out after a month or two then I have either co nect to th Internet or stooge around in settings to get it back Sent from Samsung Mobile
nicmcfer
Explorer

No, I've given up on it. If I want to watch Prime I can watch it through my Sony Blu Ray, so that's what we do. 
profile.country.GB.title
burlyson

I think it maybe password/logon related, by logging onto Google/browsing the internet from the TV it seems to reset Amazon Prime access but again I can't give a definite procedure to follow. It could also be ISP linked I am with BT and sometimes the broadband can be sluggish even on Infinity2.
k.broadway
Explorer

Thanks I got it working by logging into google on Tv as suggested and now it works
nicmcfer
Explorer

I'd be very grateful if you could give give more detailed instructions about logging on to Google on the TV?
profile.country.GB.title
JazzDeben
Explorer

I have the same problem on a KDL-43W809C I selected:

Settings -> Apps -> Running Apps -> Amazon Instant Video -> Force-Stop

This sort of fixed it. I think...

Cheers, and good luck.