Join now - be part of our community!

Amazon Video - Juddering Issues

faheemrazzaq
Explorer

Amazon Video - Juddering Issues

I have upgraded my 55xd9305 yesterday and it proved to be a bad move. Since then a lot of judder specially on 4K stuff from Amazon and YouTube. It settles if left alone for couple of minutes. Clicking a buttong on remote such as volume or action will again introduce judder. I also noticed that while watching some 4K HDR on Amazon last night, the sound was out of sync with video as well. I hope a fix comes soon.

78 REPLIES 78
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Your server has not been updated then...

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

A guy on German communities says that he was seeing the change yesterday already without the FW update. So it is indeed a change in the web-backend. The server you are connecting to still seems to have the old one.

profile.country.GB.title
allencresswell

Seems to be an issue with the Sony T.V's.

Amazon works OK for me on my Panasonic BluRay player and on my Roku boxes. Even works OK on the Sony Home Cinema system!

It looks as though Sony either can't or won't sort it out.

All that this does is reinforce my opinion that Sony are no longer the premium trusted brand that they once were.

Such a shame that what used to be a brand market leader seems to be lagging behind even the middle of the pack now.

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

@Kuschelmonschter Yeah, that's what I thought as well. Not that it's vital for me. Instead I played few minutes of a UHD video (Lore) and the first time it went immediately to 2160p. The audio didn't stutter. But it was just after a reboot (the one for the installation) so that's typical. I closed it and started again and it was switching between HD and 1080p.

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

I have made a specific thread about it, but Amazon now (?) has a support page for Amazon Video: 

https://www.primevideo.com/help/contact-us/

It covers technical issues as well, so more people calling the better, I suppose. Once at Amazon they start receiving dozen of calls all about the same issues probably they will work on fixing that app once for all.

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

Is that real? The Amazon Prime subscription is £79.99  in UK and €69 in Germany (per year)? I paid it €19.99 in Italy and for that kind of video service (with a broken Android TV app), also considering I am a mild shopper, I thought it was just right. Does that much higher subscription have any extra value above the video service and free shipping (and few discounts here and there)?

Because at that price I sure won't renew the subscription. I have just disabled the automatical renewal to avoid bad surprises in few months.

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Jecht_Sin schrieb:

Is that real? The Amazon Prime subscription is £79.99  in UK and €69 in Germany (per year)?

True.

Jecht_Sin schrieb:

Does that much higher subscription have any extra value above the video service and free shipping (and few discounts here and there)?

Not much worth mentioning. Maybe Prime Music. Not using it though.

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

@Kuschelmonschter Oh, as I suspected, then. Thanks. Do you at least get most of the video library in German, or just the subtitles (when available) in your language? Because that would justify the much lower price in Italy, most of the content doesn't have Italian VO (and egoistically I hope it stays like that, because I love THAT price! :laughing:)

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Pretty much everything is dubbed in German language yes.

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

Ok, so there is still hope! Plenty of people complain in the Google Play reviews about the lack of Italian dubbing. Still it would make more sense to have different subscriptions. I don't care about Amazon Music either. Why should be one forced to pay for it.. Oh well..