Join now - be part of our community!

Android 6.0 - Stuck on Android Startup Screen/Restarting

mattjholdsworth
Explorer

Android 6.0 - Stuck on Android Startup Screen/Restarting

Hi All,

Just purchased a 55 SD8505 from John Lewis, it was previously a display tv but John Lewis offered at a great price and with a five year warranty.

upon first switching on I got the android loader on after a few seconds the tv just restarts itself. Tried a hard reset to no avail.

Any ideas? If not I'll call Sony tomorrow to try and resolve as I really want to keep the tv if possible.

thanks,

Matt

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

See the following link:

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/75705/

However to be honest, if its brand new - just contact John Lewis again and get them to swap the TV with another one.

Cheers

mattjholdsworth
Explorer

Thanks for the below @Anonymous.

ive tried the attached and still no luck, it resets but then the same thing happens. Could it be the power adapter? 

Im going to give them a call today and see what they can do, as it was ex display I won't be able to swop it for the same model so going to see if they can repair it/track one down.

if not I'll end up buying a new model.

Thanks

Matt

mattjholdsworth
Explorer

Does anyone know what the Power Adapters should output in Watts? I have a feeling i might be using the wrong power adapter which might be casuing the issues im having.

I have 1 19.5V adapter which outputs 75W's which seems pretty low for a TV of this size.

Thanks

Matt

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I do not have the full tech specs of the mains adaptor, only that:

models with supplied mains adaptor only
19.5 V DC with mains adaptor
Rating: Input 220 V - 240 V AC, 50 Hz

Even though you have an ex-display TV, I would expect it to be working and with the correct mains adaptor/leads in the first place.