Join now - be part of our community!

Android TV Microphone

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
orangeyred

Android TV Microphone

I have a Sony 43X805C with Android TV and one thing that annoys me is how the search defaults to voice search when you press the icon but the TV and standard remote don't have microphones so it's pointless.  Is there a way to change the default search to text input or better stil, can you connect a microphone to the TV?  I refuse to pay £50+ for a touch remote I'll never use.

As an aside, I haven't had any of the problems on the Android TV thread other than the guide being quite archaic.

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.NL.title
FlipStone

I actually remembered I have one of those Wii sing microphones as well (USB)... Will try them this weekend :slight_smile:

profile.country.NL.title
FlipStone

Well, the rocksmith mic is a bit more sensitive but still 2.5m is too much. You have to speak really loud to get it somewhat working.. Holding the mic close to the mouth works fine. I'd say the max distance is like 1m or so.

One more thing I might try sometime is a bluetooth headset I have around somewhere. Just for fun.

If that works you might have a mic just lying nearby, though it has to listen continuously which of course eats through battery quite a bit.

The cable to the mic is long enough to just grab it when needed, but that's quite an ugly solution.

Meh, not convinced of voice control also... My accent (searching for things like Stevie Ray Vaughan is not that easy for me apparently :wink: ) and not knowing quite how it works yet doesn't helpt though.

profile.country.GB.title
suscida
New

So I bought the USB mic advised earlier in this thread for my KDL55W755C Sony Android TV. Worked well (although I wish you could use a voice command to activate the thing!) up until the Marshmallow update that appears to have broken the USB mic functionality, all I get is a "Google is unable to connect" style error whenever I try to do a voice search. Can anyone else verify this?

I wonder if this is an attempt to force into buying the touchpad remote, which I really dont think I would enjoy using! I would rather have the TX200 remote which has a built in microphone also, but I am not sure if it would be compatible with my TV?

Other than that I have not been experiencing many of the update woes many others are having so counting my chickens on this issue!

profile.country.GB.title
deva14
Explorer

The RMF-TX200E works on my 2015 KDL-43W755C. Hold down the microphone button and volume down to pair with bluetooth. Can confirm the microphone works.