Join now - be part of our community!

Black screen after update KD-75XE9005

profile.country.GB.title
Bozzern
Explorer

Black screen after update KD-75XE9005

Hello guys!

On black friday i desided to upgrade my tv and bought the new Sony KD-75XE9005. On first boot i set everything up and connected to my wifi. It then asked to update the software, i started to update wich took maybe 20 mintues to download and complete. Then the tv rebooted. After this there is no picture, only sound. Have tried forced factory reset several times without luck (only sound i background) The panel is completely black, but if i use a flashlight i can see severeal grey square stripes accross the panel. This is indeed tragic on a brand new exspensive tv set. Its no easy to bring a screen of this size back to the store, and they are all sold out also. Anyone got any suggestions?

Is there anyway to force it to revert to the stock firmware wich came with the tv? It worked perfectly until the update was done 😞

Kind regards

Kris

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @Bozzern and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

You could try a forced reset, Have a look at Option C

on This Page

My first instinct is to tell you to return it straight away for a refund

as its brand new, or see if they will exchange it for you when new stock comes in, as

its not a good sign from  a hardware point of view that you can see stripes on

the screen when using a torch.

Let us know if this helps.

profile.country.GB.title
Bozzern
Explorer

Unfortnely i have tried a force reset several times without any luck. Can just hear the welcome music and same stripes if i use a flashlight on the panel. 

Its crazy that a brand new tv can brick like this from a autoupdate 😞

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi again

Yeah, although I'm suspicious that an update is the only reason the TV

has developed what would seem to be a hardware fault.

Unfortunately Sony Support aren't open for you to phone

at the weekend, so I would go and chase your money / an exchange

quickly.

Where did you purchase it from?.

profile.country.GB.title
Bozzern
Explorer

I bought it from Power (Norway) its not easy to bring a tv of this size back to the store, as the box is now broken. They suggested me to call Sony first thing on monday to send a service guy to take a look. Hope it is something they can fix. Dont want my money back, as this was a very good deal (50% off)

profile.country.GB.title
Bozzern
Explorer

Why would sony block the possibilty to revert/install a previoius firmware version? Or atleast try to reinstall the same version from USB.

That is just plain stupid!

profile.country.GB.title
Bozzern
Explorer

After alot back and forth they now can confirm their main warehouse just got these in stock again.

So the stores main customer service has contacted the store i bought it so the can order me a new one for exchange of the defect.

So hopefully i will get a new TV within next week.

I will NOT make the update when i connect it to my wifi then, thats for sure! :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

@Bozzern That's great news!

Thanks for keeping us updated :beers:

Fingers crossed you get one soon :slight_smile: