Join now - be part of our community!

Bluetooth headphones 43xd80

profile.country.GB.title
aston100
Explorer

Bluetooth headphones 43xd80

From a quick glance elsewhere it sounds like most Sony TVs cannot pair with Bluetooth headphones.

Is it ok to buy the cheapest Bluetooth transmitter I can find and plug that into the headphone jack, or do I need something more expensive?

The FAQ had a link to a £30 item and some other item from Aukey that's discontinued. I was hoping to get away with something far cheaper if possible.

Secondly, is the lack of Bluetooth headphone connectivity something that might get fixed via a firmware update? Or is it a hardware issue that can't ever be resolved on existing televisions?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Mister.Prescott
Explorer

I was rather hoping updating marshmallow to nougat would allow my TV to pair with headphones too.  Sad to say my LG still has the edge on Sony here.

profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi @aston100

In so far as all bluetooth dongles will fit the audio-out port on your TV, they will work equally well (or not, depending on the quality of the device!) so it's always worth trying.

Sony will only recommend devices they have tested and will most likely not test more than one or two third-party products. In that sense it's up to you to get hold of a cheaper one and see; it can't do any harm to try :slight_smile:

Let us know how you get on.

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
aston100
Explorer

Thanks.

Since I will not be using the volume controls on the headphones when watching TV, I guess I require just a transmitter rather than a transceiver (no signal to send to the TV from headphones).

Are there any traits or minimum specs I should keep an eye on, or could I get away with the cheapest most basic Bluetooth transmitter to plug into the headphone jack on the TV?

Thanks