Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia. KD-43XD8088 Recording TV Programs

profile.country.GB.title
spudlodge
Explorer

Bravia. KD-43XD8088 Recording TV Programs

I have a new Sony TV using the inbuilt freeview channels (KD43XF8796  and I am trying to get my head around the recording features. Sony recomends the "Western Digital" usb remote hard drive. I have had a look at these at Cuurys/PC World and the information they give is that it will only record the programe you are watching which seems a bit odd to me. 

Any comments welcomed.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@spudlodge wrote:

I have a new Sony TV using the inbuilt freeview channels (KD43XF8796  and I am trying to get my head around the recording features. Sony recomends the "Western Digital" usb remote hard drive. I have had a look at these at Currys/PC World and the information they give is that it will only record the programe you are watching which seems a bit odd to me. 

Any comments welcomed.

It will only record one programme at a time, and the TV must be tuned to it, so you can’t watch something else, if the TV has only one Freeview tuner.

But see if your TV offers  Timer Recording, as here. If so, you can set it and forget it, and it will record when you aren’t watching the TV at all, perhaps even when you are out of the house.

Nothing beats a dedicated PVR, like a YouView box for instance, though.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…