Join now - be part of our community!

Can't get the Com 5 (Arq A) Multiplex on my TV

JeanPoole
New

Can't get the Com 5 (Arq A) Multiplex on my TV

I bought a Sony Bravia KD-49XG80 earlier this year.

Normally we watch TV programmes through our PVR, but when that is busy recording, we'll switch to the TV.

I noticed yesterday that Sky News is not on the TV's station list, and on further investigation I found that none of the stations listed for the Com 5 Arq A Multiplex are available (TV and Radio).

I tried an automatic retune which failed to pick up the multiplex, and on doing a manual retune it failed to pick up any stations as well.  All the stations ARE available on our PVR.

I think (although I'm not sure) that we were able to receive the stations when we first bought the TV.  I wonder if anyone else has had any problems with this multiplex, and if so, is there any solution?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
DarranA

Hi Jean,

Have you tried a signal booster to enhance the signal throughput to the TV. Signal can be affected by many things and I doubt it will be the TV at fault here. However your PVR may have a built in booster allowing for better reception for picking up certain stations.

Also it could potentially be an issue with the aerial cable starting to fail. You could try swapping out for the one connected to your PVR to see if there is a difference in station pick up on tuning.

If these suggestions fail and you think it could be the TV at fault then please head on over to Sony Support here.

Kind regards,

Darran