Join now - be part of our community!

Connecting a DVD Home Theater Sound System

profile.country.GB.title
Joolsk
Explorer

Connecting a DVD Home Theater Sound System

I apologise if this isnt the forum to ask this.  I have recently purchased a fabulous Sony Bravia KD-43XF7596 Android TV.  I already have a Panasonic DVD Home Theater Sound System that was happily connected to my old Sony Bravia and worked fine. This sound system does not have HDMI connections, it uses a scart lead.  So, as the new Sony doesnt have Scart connections I purchased a Scart to HDMI converter and have connected it all up, but alas there is no picture.  Sound, yes, but only from one central speaker and the sub-woofer.  The 4 floor standing speakers are silent, and no picture.  It doesnt seem to matter which HDMI port on the TV I use.  Can anyone shed light on this, and advise me what I need to do to get it working fully?  Many thanks

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi Joolsk,

Congrats on your new TV! If you tell us the exact type number of your Panasonic DVD HTS we could possibly look into suggestions for you. 

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

What you needed was an HDMI to SCART converter. Maybe this is what you obtained, but if not, these things rarely go both ways.

Besides details of the Panny, as requested above by @dutchice, we also need to know exactly which converter you bought, make and model number.

And I don’t understand where the picture has gone. You are saying as soon as you plug the lead in, the TV picture vanishes? Or just that there is no picture from your DVDs?

And when do you have only centre and sub sound? Even when playing a DVD, or just when trying to get the TV sound out over the HTS?

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking