Join now - be part of our community!

Connecting KD-55XE70 to Sony DAV DZ111 Home Theatre System

profile.country.IE.title
poorman4265
Explorer

Connecting KD-55XE70 to Sony DAV DZ111 Home Theatre System

I have a problem with no  sound from my tv when connected to the sound system. I under stand that the tv has arc but my sound system has not, i under stand that the tv has to be switched over to the sound system speakers. please could some let me know the best way to connect both together to acchive tv sound.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @poorman4265,

Welcome to the Sony Community. You have two options to connect the TV to your HTS.

Using a 3.5mm stereo mini-plug cable from the back of your TV (left of HDMI 1) to the AUDIO IN jack in the front of your HTS.

OR

Using a stereo RCA plug to 3.5mm stereo mini-plug cable. Like this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00LM2Y2U4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_2vhuBbR50G5F1

Connecting from the back of your TV (left of HDMI 1) to the LINE (AUDIO IN) input on the back of your HTS. Look at page 27 of your HTS manual.

On your TV you will then have to follow carefully the instructions on this article. In particular of importance are for you points 1, 2, 3 & 6. You can ignore the rest.

To switch the input source to TV on your HTS you will have to press FUNCTION repeatedly until LINE appears on the front display panel.

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.IE.title
poorman4265
Explorer

Dutchie

Thank u very much for your reply.  I have connectd from the back of the telly to the front of the hts and then i set the function to auto this gives me surround sound.  I did not have the second option you described as i dont have the ports at the back of the  hts.IS their any way i can make the auto function the default  when i turn on the telly as now it reverts to tv when i turn the telly on. sorry for been a nuisance

Poorman 4265

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi Poorman4265,

No worries. We’re here for you. It is indeed very unfortunate, but your HTS model doesn’t offer an option to set the default source fuction. I would expect that if you press repeatedly the FUNCTION button until you get LINE displayed on the front panel, instead of AUTO and then powered OFF the HTS, that it would remain on LINE the next time you powered it ON.

In any case my suggestion would be to slowly start considering to update your HTS with either an AVR (since you have already the 5.1 speakers) or a sound bar if you prefer to get rid of your whole current set. 

Cheers,

Dutchice