Join now - be part of our community!

CPU load

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

CPU load

This is CPU load for more than five minutes after Reboot.

No App was active. Just watching a FTA SD channel on Digital

cpuload.PNG

and this is after the five minutes

cpuload5minutes.PNG

First one is TOO MUCH for just watching a digital FTA channel.

Memory usage was normal and below 50%

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @MiCal1967

I did see this thread before hand, but didnt really know what to make of it upon quickly reading it yesterday.  However having a look at things, I think there are a lot of processes being loaded initially for the 'Discover' feature.  Obviously I do not know what most of these processes are, but it seems a few like YouTube, Discover, Social View may be connected.

Could you 'try' disabling or hiding all the categories in discover and see if it makes any difference. 

Although, 5 minutes after bootup seems a long time for processes to load, could it also be there is a significant delay in loading some of them if not used at that point?  Just a theory too.

Cheers

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi @Anonymous

Seems to be an Android Studio - Android Device Monitor, bug.

Tried same thing again and high CPU indication this time lasted almost 15 minutes :smileyconfused:.

Seems that for some reason Studio does not refresh status when Update from Device button is pressed.

By that same time I had enabled on TV the Developer options - Monitoring - Show CPU usage which activates an overlay red gren blue bar and numbers that show the average load of the CPU in different time intervals on right top of our display.

High CPU usage on this bar lasted about 1 min 45 sec which I think is normal.

Cheers