Join now - be part of our community!

dolby vision

profile.country.GB.title
benjy86

dolby vision

hello i have a sony bravia kd55xe9305 and im wondering if i use the us firmware to download the dolby vision update would this work on my uk tv or would i lose the youview app etc? any help would be greatly appriceated im to impatient to check out dolby vision on netflix etc to wait

40 REPLIES 40
profile.country.GB.title
miblogg39
Explorer

Here’s hoping!!!!

profile.country.GB.title
romipat

they  started rolling  it out in the US but  have pulled the  update. To make it worse from what Ive  read  its 'half baked'..  Dolby vision will only be available  via streaming apps. External Players will  require a firmware update so that the metadata   is proceesed  by the  apps and players and not by the  extreme  1  processor in tvs like mine   xe93 

profile.country.GB.title
ninja_geezer
Explorer

Go to about minute 7.22 0n the video and steve talks about the sony updates for dolby vision.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=674&v=F5CoztUutHs

profile.country.GB.title
romipat

cheers,

what a total    cop out by Sony they wouldnt even   respond to the   journalist's  questions on the subject. Many people   have bought this model based on the  fsct that they were told it would suport the  Dolby Vision standard which is being adopted by a lot of  studios. I can see a classaction  lawsuit being taken against them in America over this

profile.country.GB.title
miblogg39
Explorer

I’ve had my Sony 65” oled just under 3 months and now thinking of returning it as this Dolby Vision is a sham and thinking of going over to Samsung 

profile.country.GB.title
romipat

yup ive had   my  65  for  2 months too  I cant take it back now so am going to  have to  accept this bs move by Sony.

Shame really as  it is a very good tv.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

miblogg39 ha scritto:

I’ve had my Sony 65” oled just under 3 months and now thinking of returning it as this Dolby Vision is a sham and thinking of going over to Samsung 

Samsung do not support Dolby Vision. Only LG, so if you change for this reason and want to stay in Korea better look at LG

profile.country.GB.title
miblogg39
Explorer

👍

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

And btw no oled on sammy...